Aesthetic medicine can treat facial aging from the level of the bone right up to the skin’s surface. Redermalization targets the skin itself to improve the quality of your skin. There are many treatment options in aesthetic medicine – this is just one of them. The only way to know if it is the best treatment for you is to visit Dr Wade so that he can see your face in person.
Three basic mechanisms of skin aging:
- Inhibition of metabolic processes within the skin – cellular respiration, ion transport, inhibition of energy production and proteins (collagen and elastin) synthesis, impaired micro-circulation.
- The accumulation of free radicals – uncontrolled synthesis of free radicals, the inefficiency of antioxidant systems, lipid per-oxidation and destruction of the cell genome leading to premature cell death.
- Impairment of the optimal water balance in the skin as a result of reduction in the amount of hyaluronic acid in the dermis and reduced ability of the skin to retain water.
What is Redermalization?
- Regulates biochemical and physiological processes in cells.
- Efficiently blocks free radicals.
- Prevents skin dehydration
Contact us today if you would like to know more about treating wrinkles or if you would like to schedule a consultation to discuss the various aesthetic treatments we offer. Dr Wade practices in Green Point and Somerset West, Cape Town. To book an appointment please contact:
Telephone: 087 135 3017
NATURAL AESTHETICS – BOTOX
Cape Town| Green Point | Somerset West
Botox | Fillers | Silhouette Soft | Chemical Peels | Micro-needling (Dermapen) | Mesotherapy