Dermapen – The Natural Aesthetics Difference
What is Dermapen Micro-needling?
- The Dermapen is an award winning micro-needling device.
- We micro-injure the skin, known in medicine as a”controlled injury”.
- The body’s own natural nutrients, platelet-rich plasma and stem cells, are rushing to skin in order to repair the skin.
- We also target the skin with one or a combination of our medical-grade serums to improve either acne, acne scars, skin texture, oily skin, pigmentation, dull skin or aged skin.
- Each serum is “needled-in” 3 times.
- With the Dermapen, we resurface and treat the deep layers of the skin. Treating the skin inside and out.
What is Dermapen good for?
- Anti-aging: Boost collagen production and smooth out fine lines.
- Skin conditions: Treat Acne, scarring, pigmentation, skin texture, oily skin and sun damaged skin.
How is the Treatment performed?
- Numbing cream applied for 20-30 minutes
- Targeted medical grade serums are applied and needled into the skin via the Dermapen device
- The skin is cleansed and a medical grade concealer is applied
How can we treat so many different conditions?
Each serum that we needle into the skin is specially designed to treat a specific condition. For example, for an acne treatment we would apply a Retinol serum and for a pigmentation treatment we would apply brightening Serums, like Vitamin C and Tranexamic Acid.
- The numbing cream that we apply is a medical-grade numbing cream that can only be prescribed by a medical doctor. Should your skincare “clinic”, not have an overseeing doctor, chances are that you are not receiving the appropriate numbing cream, which can make this treatment uncomfortable.
- Our serums are from some of the world’s top laboratories with years of scientific and medical research behind them. Our serums work!
What’s the downtime?
Redness can be experienced for about 1-2 days post treatment. However, the redness can easily be covered up with either makeup, a tinted moisturizer or with concealer. As you can see in the “directly after” picture below, the concealer applied covered Dr Wade’s redness completely.
What’s the cost?
- Face – R1,300 per treatment
- Face & Neck – R1,450 per treatment
- Face, Neck & Chest – R1,750 per treatment
Meet our Skincare Therapists:
We have designed Dermapen protocols for acne, acne scarring, pigmentation, anti-aging, skin texture, oily skin and sun damaged skin.
APPOINTMENTS -DERMAPEN TREATMENTS
To book an appointment email us at email@example.com.
Should you wish to speak to someone instead, please call us on 021 433 0967.
We have two practices, one in Green Point (Cape Town) and one in Somerset West.
There are two methods of skin needling – either by Derma-rollers or via the Dermapen Microneedling. Derma-rollers can be performed by spa therapists and are relatively easy to operate. They are hand held rollers about ten centimeters in width with ten to twelve rows of needles. The device is rolled along the skin – the needles rotate around a wheel and then puncture the skin.
The Dermapen Microneedling system is the Gold Standard for micro-needling. It is a pen like device with 12 fine needles at its tip. When the pen is activated the needles are pushed in and out of the device at an adjustable speed and depth. Not only does this device have the benefit of using a variety of depths of needle puncture in a single treatment, but it also allows Dr Merchant to adjust the speed at which it punctures. An adjustable depth function is important as you would never want to needle the delicate skin around your eyes at the same depth at which you needle your cheeks – pain and swelling would result.
When scientists compared rollers to the Dermapen Microneedling device they found that when viewed under a microscope, the puncture holes of the Dermapen Microneedling device where much less traumatic than that of the rollers. This is because as the derma-roller needle rolls in and out it pulls with it a small chunk of skin – and you get more bleeding, bruising and discomfort. The Dermapen uses a direct puncture technique, with no rolling – therefore less bleeding and discomfort.
With the Dermapen Microneedling device Dr Wade Merchant has the ability to directly target your problem areas with the comfort in knowing that he can adjust the treatment at any point to suit your specific needs.
Depending on your skin type, redness usually lasts one to two days – and can easily be covered up with make-up. Some people may also experience a light peel – much in the same way you peel when you get a sun burn (which is hopefully never if you follow Dr Merchant’s SPF advice!)
Cape Town| Green Point | Somerset West
Botox | Fillers | Silhouette Soft | Chemical Peels | Dermapen Microneedling | Filorga Mesotherapy
Follow us on Facebook