Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) explained:
PRP, famously known as the vampire facial, now available at both our practices, in Green Point (Cape Town) and Somerset West.
For years, professional athletes have been using PRP therapy for physical injury. The athlete’s own plasma is injected into their joints, muscles, or other injury locations. Also, veterinarians have begun using the same concept to treat various animals suffering from arthritis. It’s medically proven that the body has an amazing power to heal itself by using it’s own plasma and growth factors.
PRP used in Aesthetic Medicine:
PRP is a procedure that involves withdrawing a patient’s blood, processing it (via a centrifuge) to isolate/extract the platelet rich plasma (PRP) from the patient’s own blood, then re-injecting into the skin to erase wrinkles, rejuvenate the skin, treat acne or acne scarring and create a more youthful appearance.
- PRP Micro-needling (Vampire Facial): We use a micro-needling device, known as the Dermapen, to needle-in the PRP. This is our most popular PRP treatment.
- PRP Facelift (Vampire Facial): In this treatment we combine the PRP therapy with a dermal filler treatment. We would first inject 2ml’s of facial fillers, focusing on 2-3 key areas. We will then inject the PRP, using the same injection method (just as we would inject fillers). We would focus on deep lines, wrinkles, folds and hollows. With this treatment, the PRP is placed deep into the skin and/or fat pockets, so no redness will occur post treatment.
- PRP Mesotherapy: Done by injecting the PRP superficially (one injection at a time, by hand) all over the face to rejuvenate the skin.
- PRP Hair Restoration: By injecting the PRP into the balding areas of the scalp, the PRP will stimulate hair growth as well as to promote hair thickness.
Examples of PRP Treatments:
Different types of PRP Treatments explained:
PRP Micro-needling (Vampire Facial):
PRP Facelift (Vampire Facelift):
PRP Price list:
- PRP Mesotherapy – R2,500
- PRP Micro-needling / Dermapen (Vampire Facial) – R2,500 (Face only)
- PRP Micro-needling / Dermapen (Vampire Facial) – R3,000 (Face, neck and chest area)
- PRP and Filler Facelift (Vampire Facelift) – R8,000
- PRP Hair Restoration – R3,000
Who is Dr Wade Merchant?
APPOINTMENTS – PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP) TREATMENTS
To book an appointment email us at email@example.com.
Should you wish to speak to someone instead, please call us on 087 135 3017.
*Available by Dr Wade in Green Point (Cape Town) and Somerset West.
NATURAL AESTHETICS – PRP TREATMENTS IN CAPE TOWN & SOMERSET WEST
Green Point (Cape Town) & Somerset West
Botox | Dysport | PDO Threads | Silhouette Soft | Dermal Fillers | Chemical Peels | Micro-needling (Dermapen) | Mesotherapy | Redermalization | Skinboosters | Weight Loss | Slender Wonder | Genetic Testing