The Dermapen 4 & LED Light Therapy (Face & Neck)
We were the first clinic in South Africa to receive the Dermapen 4. So what makes the Dermapen 4 so much better than the Dermapen 3 or any other microneedling device?
- Dermapen 4 has a 16 needle cartridge instead of just 12 needles, reaching an inflammatory response at a much quicker rate.
- The Dermapen 4 generates 47.9% more micro-channels than Dermapen 3 and 104% more micro-channels than any counterfeit device.
- The Dermapen 4 generates 1,920 puncture channels per second, which means we can almost double the amount of serums and actives that we needle into the skin per treatment, than before.
- The additional 620 micro-channels makes the treatment much quicker and more comfortable than before.
- Dermapen 4 is the only microneedling device with a dedicated scar setting and protocols for revision of deep, atrophic scars; including surgical, burn contracture, striae and post-acne scars. Needle penetration can now be increased up to 3.0mm.
So how does it work?
Step 1: Dermapen 4 Medical Microneedling (Face & Neck):
- The Dermapen is an award winning micro-needling device.
- We use the Dermapen 4 to create safe pathways to deliver quality anti-aging serums deep into the skin.
- We micro-injure the skin, known in medicine as a ”controlled injury”. The body then uses its own natural healing powers (PRP, stem cells and growth factors) to heal the treated area.
- New collagen and elastin are now being produced by the body; tightening the skin and healing scars, fine lines and literally keeping the skin young and full of volume.
- Because the Dermapen creates safe pathways for product delivery, we can also treat deeper layers of pigmentation, acne scarring, melasma and sun damaged skin by using the correct medical grade serum(s) to treat these conditions.
What is the Dermapen 4 good for?
- Anti-aging: Boost collagen production and skin cell turn over.
- Skin conditions: Treat pigmentation, skin texture, oily skin, acne and sun damaged skin.
- Scarring: deep, atrophic scars; including surgical, burn contracture, striae and post-acne scars
How is the Treatment performed?
- A medical grade numbing cream applied for 20-30 minutes
- Targeted medical grade serums are applied and needled into the skin
- The numbing cream that we apply is a 30% Lidocaine medical-grade numbing cream and is only available at medical practices. Should your skincare “clinic”, not have an overseeing doctor, chances are that you are not receiving the appropriate numbing cream (only a 2% Lidocaine), which can make this treatment uncomfortable.
- Our serums are from some of the world’s top laboratories with years of scientific and medical research behind them.
What’s the downtime? Redness can be experienced for about 2 days post treatment. However, the redness can easily be covered up with either makeup, a tinted sunscreen or with concealer. As you can see in the below pictures:
Step 2: LED Light Therapy (Face & Neck):
- LED Light Therapy works by using an array of bright light-emitting diodes that send low-level light energy into the deeper layers of the skin. These are not just “normal lights”, these are very specific clinically proven wavelengths of UV-free LED lights.
- It works by stimulating cellular activity, including the fibroblasts that produce collagen, to heal the skin.
- It also increases blood and oxygen flow to the skin and the capillaries, thus increasing cellular metabolism and strengthening the capillary walls.
- Perfect for post inflammatory treatments (like microneedling, dermabrasion, dermaplaning or a chemical peel) as it also speeds up recovery.
- LED Light Therapy has proven results and settings to treat an array of conditions such as aging skin, acne, rosacea and pigmentation. It’s also anti-aging helping in the prevention of aging skin.
Step 3: Dr Dermal Sheet Mask:
- The Dr Dermal Mask is applied at home, 48 hours post treatment. It’s a luxurious organic anti-aging sheet mask made of organic silk, saturated with an ultra hydrating emollient serum formulated to nourish, soothe and invigorate the skin. Ideal for post aesthetic treatments, such as a chemical peel, to speed up recovery.
- It has been shown to maintain skin hydration for up to 2 days after application and an increase rate of epidermal healing by 35% due to its ability to create a moist wound-healing environment.
The Natural Aesthetics Team:
- Natural Aesthetics is not a spa or a “beauty salon”; we are a medical practice.
- Our Medical Aestheticians are specially trained to administer medical microneedling and LED Light Therapy, safely and correctly.
- Each of our Therapists have also received special training by Dr Wade Merchant to further ensure that our patients receive the safest and most effective treatments.
The Dermapen 4 & LED Light Therapy (Face & Neck)
APPOINTMENTS – DERMAPEN MICRONEEDLING
To book an appointment email us at email@example.com.
OR call us on 021 433 0967.
Our clinics are in Green Point (Cape Town) and in Paardevlei (Somerset West).
NATURAL AESTHETICS – MEDICAL MICRONEEDLING
Green Point (Cape Town) & Somerset West