Acne Facial Treatment
Our team of medical experts have developed an effective acne treatment plan. Our team consists of well-known, Dr Wade Merchant, and our highly qualified team of Medical Skincare Therapists.
The Acne Facial Treatment is our number one treatment for Acne. We use the latest science, technology and research on medical grade ingredients and protocols to effectively treat; manage and prevent acne.
Our 6-in-1 Acne Facial Treatment administered as follow:
- Step 1: A deep cleanse
- Step 2: Followed by a Cathepzyme application and steam exfoliation (with our professional steamer)
- Step 3: Followed by professional extractions (done with a medical grade lancet)
- Step 4: Followed by Glycolic Acid serum penetration via our DF Machine
- Step 5: Followed by a LED Light Therapy Treatment
- Step 6: Followed by applying a moisturizer as well as a medical grade SPF
Is this treatment suitable for you?
- This treatment is suitable for ALL ages.
- We have assisted patients as young as 10 and even patients who struggle with adult acne in their 40’s.
- This treatment is safe for ALL skin types and tones.
- Side note: You should never apply a peel to active acne as it can cause post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIHP), which can lead to acne scarring.
- This is why this treatment is not just effective, but also the safest option.
What is Cathepzyme, steam exfoliation and extractions?
- We apply a Cathepzyme gel to soften the skin and remove any dead skin cells and build-up of impurities.
- We then use our professional steamer to further soften the skin and so that we can easily cleanse the skin again.
- This also helps to make the extractions much more comfortable.
- We then do extractions by using a quality and professional lancet to safely remove the visible (and some not so visible) acne.
What is Glycolic Acid Penetration / DF Machine Treatment?
- We use a quality medical grade Glycolic Acid Serum from one of the world’s top laboratories, Mesoestetics.
- We use our DF Machine to penetrate active ingredients and sterile serums at a much deeper level into the skin.
- The DF Machine allows us to penetrate the Glycolic Acid Serum into the skin at 40% the normal rate, compared to just layering a product on top of the skin, for example.
- It’s essential that we treat the skin from the inside out.
- The DF Machine uses 2 functions (known as Iontophoresis and Sonophoresis) to instruct the skin cells to move, allowing for an opening to penetrate the Glycolic Acid Serum at a much deeper level.
What is LED Light Therapy?
- The LED Lights literally kills the “P. Acnes Bacteria“.
- LED Light Therapy has proven results and settings to treat an array of conditions, but has been found to be most effective for treating acne and rosacea.
- These are not just normal lights, these are clinically proven wavelengths of UV-free LED lights.
- It works by using an array of bright light-emitting diodes that send low-level light energy into the deeper layers of the skin.
- It works by stimulating cellular activity, including the fibroblasts that produce collagen, to heal the skin.
- It also increases blood and oxygen flow to the skin and the capillary walls.
What is our at home Acne Treatment Pack?
- It’s essential to continue to manage breakouts, recurring acne and to prevent acne with the correct ingredients.
- While we use the Glycolic Acid Serum to to treat acne in-clinic, the acne treatment pack is loaded with Salicylic Acid. Both these ingredients are vital to treat, manage and prevent acne.
- It includes a cleanser (used twice daily), a Corrective AM cream (applied in the morning) and a Corrective PM Plus cream (applied at night).
What’s the cost:
- The 6-in-1 Acne Facial Treatment costs: R850
- The at home Acne Treatment Pack costs: R1,260
What’s the downtime?
There is no “real” downtime, patients can resume normal activities immediately post treatment. Redness may be experienced immediately post treatment, but will subside within 15-30 minutes. We advise not to wear any makeup for at least 12 hours post treatment.
- All of our Skincare Therapists are qualified medical skincare professionals. They are specially trained to administer superficial to medical grade peels, the DF Machine device, medical grade serums as well as LED Light Therapy.
- In addition to the above, our Therapists have received specialised training by Dr Wade Merchant to ensure safe and effective treatments.
Dr Wade is a medical doctor with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine, he has been administering and injecting Botox and Dysport for over 5 years at his practices in Green Point & Somerset West. Dr Wade is also qualified with a 2-year Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr Melinda Dommisse is a qualified medical doctor who qualified from Stellenbosch University. She moved to London where she did her aesthetic training and worked as a GP with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-aging medicine. Prior to returning to South Africa she worked at 2 well-known clinics in Harley Street, London
OUR GREEN POINT PRACTICE
OUR SOMERSET WEST PRACTICE
021 433 0967
173 Main Road
(Corner of Main and Clyde Road)
Green Point, Cape Town
Location on Google Maps
021 433 0967
Corner of the R44 & De Beers Avenue
(Inside of the Paardevlei Complex)
Paardevlei Rising 1 (Building name)
*We are opposite the Cheetah Sanctuary
1st Floor, Unit 102, Paardevlei, Somerset West
Location on Google Maps