The Dermapen MD – Special
The Dermapen MD Special includes: Medical Microneedling with the Dermapen MD device (Face & Neck) + LED Light Therapy (Face & Neck) + an at home Dr Dermal Sheet Mask.
So how does it work?
A medical grade numbing cream is applied for 20 – 30 minutes, we then needle medical grade serums and actives into the skin via the Dermapen 4 device (Face & Neck). We then cover the face and neck with our LED device to further improve the treatment’s results and to speed up recovery. A medical grade concealer is applied to further speed up recovery and cover any immediate post treatment redness. Finally, 48 hours post treatment, patients can apply the Dr Dermal Sheet Mask as another add-on treatment to rejuvenate the skin as well as to further boost the healing process.
Step 1: Dermapen MD Medical Microneedling (Face & Neck):
- The Dermapen MD is an award winning micro-needling device and only available at doctor practices.
- We use the Dermapen MD to create safe pathways to deliver quality anti-aging serums deep into the skin.
- We micro-injure the skin, known in medicine as a ”controlled injury”. The body then uses its own natural healing powers (PRP, stem cells and growth factors) to heal the treated area.
- New collagen and elastin are now being produced by the body; tightening the skin and healing scars, fine lines and literally keeping the skin young and full of volume.
- Because the Dermapen MD creates safe pathways for product delivery, we can also treat deeper layers of pigmentation, acne scarring, melasma and sun damaged skin by using the correct medical grade serum(s) to treat these conditions.
What is the Dermapen MD good for?
- Anti-aging: Boost collagen production and skin cell turn over.
- Skin conditions: Treat pigmentation, skin texture, oily skin, acne and sun damaged skin.
- Scarring: deep, atrophic scars; including surgical, burn contracture, striae and post-acne scars.
How is the Treatment performed?
- A medical grade numbing cream applied for 20-30 minutes
- Targeted medical grade serums are applied and needled into the skin
- The numbing cream that we apply is a 30% Lidocaine medical-grade numbing cream and is only available at doctor practices. Should your skincare “clinic”, not have an overseeing doctor, chances are that you are not receiving the appropriate numbing cream (only a 2% Lidocaine), which can make this treatment uncomfortable.
- Our serums are from some of the world’s top laboratories with years of scientific and medical research behind them.
What is LED Light Therapy?
- LED Light Therapy works by using an array of bright light-emitting diodes that send low-level light energy into the deeper layers of the skin. These are not just “normal lights”, these are very specific clinically proven wavelengths of UV-free LED lights.
- It works by stimulating cellular activity, including the fibroblasts that produce collagen, to heal the skin.
- It also increases blood and oxygen flow to the skin and the capillaries, thus increasing cellular metabolism and strengthening the capillary walls.
- Perfect for post inflammatory treatments (like microneedling, microdermabrasion, dermaplaning or a chemical peel) as it also speeds up recovery.
What is the Dr Dermal Sheet Mask?
- The Dr Dermal Mask is applied at home, 48 hours post treatment.
- It’s a luxurious organic anti-aging sheet mask made of organic silk, saturated with an ultra hydrating emollient serum formulated to nourish, soothe and invigorate the skin. Ideal for post aesthetic treatments, such as a chemical peel, to speed up recovery.
- It has been shown to maintain skin hydration for up to 2 days after application and an increase rate of epidermal healing by 35% due to its ability to create a moist wound-healing environment.
What’s the downtime?
There is no real downtime, patients can resume normal activities immediately post treatment. Redness will be experienced for about 2 days post treatment, but will greatly subside within a couple of hours. Most of the redness can easily be covered with a tinted sunscreen or moisturizer or concealer. Very mild skin flaking could be experienced for about 1-2 days post treatment.
- All of our Medical Aestheticians are qualified with 3-4 year qualifications from renowned institutions. They are specially trained to administer Medical Microneedling (Dermapen MD), medical grade numbing cream as well as LED Light Therapy.
- In addition to the above, our Medical Aestheticians have received further training by Dr Wade Merchant to ensure safe and effective treatments.
Dr Wade is a medical doctor with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine, he has been administering and injecting Botox and Dysport for over 5 years at his practices in Green Point & Somerset West. Dr Wade is also qualified with a 2-year Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr Melinda Dommisse is a qualified medical doctor who qualified from Stellenbosch University. She moved to London where she did her aesthetic training and worked as a GP with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-aging medicine. Prior to returning to South Africa she worked at 2 well-known clinics in Harley Street, London
OUR GREEN POINT PRACTICE
OUR SOMERSET WEST PRACTICE
021 433 0967
173 Main Road
(Corner of Main and Clyde Road)
Green Point, Cape Town
Location on Google Maps
021 433 0967
Corner of the R44 & De Beers Avenue
(Inside of the Paardevlei Complex)
Paardevlei Rising 1 (Building name)
*We are opposite the Cheetah Sanctuary
1st Floor, Unit 102, Paardevlei, Somerset West
Location on Google Maps