NanoFractional Resurfacing (Venus Viva)
*Fractional Resurfacing is available at all our practices in Green Point and Somerset West.
Our NanoFractional treatments are performed with the Venus Viva device. It is an advanced non-surgical solution for skin resurfacing that corrects signs of skin damage and improves the appearance of:
- acne scars
- other scars (like dog bites, accidental scars, chickenpox scars)
- stretch marks
- enlarged pores
- fine lines and deep wrinkles
- uneven skin texture
- anti-aging (collagen induction)
How does it work?
NanoFractional Resurfacing (by Venus Viva) is a device with tiny pins that penetrate the epidermis, delivering radiofrequency energy deep into the layers of the skin to amplify collagen and elastin production. This creates tiny micro-dermal wounds, which the body naturally heals on its own. This process repairs signs of skin damage visible on the surface of the skin.
Is this skin resurfacing safe for all skin tones?
Unlike most other skin resurfacing treatments that are not safe for darker skin tones, Venus Viva™ skin resurfacing is safe for all ethnicities, even for darker complexions.
What’s the duration of the treatment?
Each session typically last between 30 minutes to an hour depending on the size of the area being treated.
What’s the protocol?
- Your appointment will be 30 minutes to an hour in duration.
- A numbing cream will be applied for 10 minutes for a comfortable treatment. 95% of patients describe this treatment as completely pain free.
- The treatments will be administered by our qualified Medical Aestheticians.
- You will experience redness and a “sunburn feeling” for about 1-4 hours post treatment. After this the skin will be back to normal.
What’s the cost?
*The below prices are valid until Feb 2021.
- R2,200 (face),
- R2,700 (Face & Neck),
- R3,200 (Face, Neck & Chest)
- We can also treat hands, stretch marks, or just one area of the face, neck and chest.
- Contact us for prices.
What’s the downtime/aftercare?
- Patients are not allowed to apply active products on the skin for at least 48 hours post treatment.
- Patients are not allowed to apply any make-up for at least 24 hours post treatment.
- Patients can wash the treated area, with a gentle cleanser, the morning after their treatment.
- Patients are not allowed to exercise for at least 24-48 hours post treatment.
- Patients should remain out of the sun for at least 2 weeks post treatment and apply a medical grade SPF daily.
- Patients are not allowed to visit saunas, steam rooms or heated swimming pools (for example) for at least 1 week post treatment.
- Patients will be provided with aftercare products to apply from 24 hours post treatment.
- All of our Medical Aestheticians are qualified with 3-4 year qualifications from renowned institutions. They are specially trained to administer NanoFractional Resurfacing treatments with the Venus Viva device.
- In addition to the above, our Medical Aestheticians have received further training by Dr Wade Merchant to ensure safe and effective treatments.
Dr Wade is a medical doctor with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine, he has been administering and injecting Botox and Dysport for over 5 years at his practices in Green Point & Somerset West. Dr Wade is also qualified with a 2-year Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr Melinda Dommisse is a qualified medical doctor who qualified from Stellenbosch University. She moved to London where she did her aesthetic training and worked as a GP with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-aging medicine. Prior to returning to South Africa she worked at 2 well-known clinics in Harley Street, London
OUR GREEN POINT PRACTICE
OUR SOMERSET WEST PRACTICE
021 433 0967
173 Main Road
(Corner of Main and Clyde Road)
Green Point, Cape Town
Location on Google Maps
021 433 0967
Corner of the R44 & De Beers Avenue
(Inside of the Paardevlei Complex)
Paardevlei Rising 1 (Building name)
*We are opposite the Cheetah Sanctuary
1st Floor, Unit 102, Paardevlei, Somerset West
Location on Google Maps