Slender Wonder – Medical Weight Loss Programme
The Slender Wonder programme has been around for over 40 years and has helped thousands of people to safely lose weight and reach a healthy goal weight.
What is Slender Wonder?
- The Slender Wonder medical weight loss programme is done under the supervision of an accredited Slender Wonder medical doctor.
- The programme consists of an easy to follow low-GI eating plan, a series of daily HCG micro-injections, together with the Slender Wonder products (daily shakes and supplements)
What is the process?
- Book an appointment at any of our clinics, in either Green Point or Somerset West.
- At your first appointment (which is 30 minutes in duration), one of our Slender Wonder doctors, will take down your measurements and will calculate a normal and healthy goal weight.
- Your doctor will will explain how the whole programme works.
- You will be sent home with a booklet and programme guide (with all the neccesary information).
- You will also be sent home shakes, supplements, a booklet and a series of HCG micro-injections.
- 2-weeks after you have started the programme, you will visit our clinic, for a quick weigh-in.
- You will start by following the low-GI eating plan (which is in the booklet provided).
- You will also do a series of tiny micro-injections, consisting of HCG, on a daily basis.
- You will also receive supplements and shakes to consume on a daily basis.
- After 2 weeks on the programme, you will come back to our clinic for a quick 5 minute weigh-in, with one of our friendly staff members.
- You can safely repeat this programme for many months until you have reached your goal weight.
- If you need to do the programme for more than one month, then each month’s programme will be slightly different.
- Once your goal weight has been reached, you will go onto the Slender Wonder maintenance phase. This phase is without any injections or products and is an easy eating plan to follow and to incorporate into your every day life.
Frequently asked questions:
Are the injections sore?
No, these are tiny injections that are injected into the fat layer of your belly. Even small children, that have diabetes for example, have similar types of injections on daily basis. You will be fine!
Why do I need to see a doctor?
Your doctor will ensure that the programme is safe for you. HCG can only be prescribed and dispensed by a medical doctor at a medical practice. Your doctor might also pick up on- or help you manage other health concerns that are usually associated with being overweight.
Why do I need to inject HCG?
Even if you are just slightly overweight, your body is in a state of inflammation, blocking a hormone known as Leptin.
Leptin is responsible for breaking down fat and making you feel full after eating. When your Leptin hasn’t been able to function properly for a while, you will feel hungry and craving food all of the time and you will, most probably, struggle to lose weight.
HCG has been found to help the body respond to Leptin, which will help your body break down fat and you will feel full after eating. Now, you can finally lose weight again.
Once the fat in your body has been broken down and you have reached your goal weight, your Leptin will start working normally again. Now, you can carry on living a normal healthy life; you will feel full after eating again, your cravings will be less and your body will be breaking down fat, as per normal.
Why do I need to follow a Low-GI eating plan?
The scientifically calculated eating plan and HCG injections are there to help you lose weight as fast as possible, but also as safely as possible. The whole programme is designed to restore your body to function properly again, to reduce health risks and to get you back to your old self again.
How much weight can I expect to lose?
Statistically speaking, patients easily lose anywhere between 4 – 7 kg’s per month. Some even more, depending on their current weight.
I just want to lose 5 kg’s, can I do it?
Yes, many of our patients struggle with just that last bit of fat, that they just can’t seem to get rid of. This programme is very effective for smaller weight loss goals.
I want to lose 50 kg’s, can I do it?
Yes, this programme is ideal for that. We’ve even helped patients lose up to 55 kg’s! Overweight and obesity are medical conditions and should be treated as such. Remember, we treat the cause of overweight and obesity, and not just the symptoms.
Do I need to exercise?
No exercise needed! However, walking for just 30 minutes, 3 times per week, will be a sufficient exercise routine whilst on the Slender Wonder Programme.
What’s the cost:
Most patients do this programme for 1-3 months before they reach their goal weight. That said, in the event that a patient has a bigger goal weight to reach, then this programme can be safely done for many months until their goal weight has been reached.
- Month 1 – R3,500 (all inclusive)
- Month 2 – R2,900 (all inclusive)
- Month 3 – R3,200 (all inclusive)
*Because the programme is adjusted on a monthly basis, each month will cost slightly different.
Dr Wade is a medical doctor with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine, he has been administering and injecting Botox and Dysport for over 5 years at his practices in Green Point & Somerset West. Dr Wade is also qualified with a 2-year Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr Melinda Dommisse is a qualified medical doctor who qualified from Stellenbosch University. She moved to London where she did her aesthetic training and worked as a GP with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-aging medicine. Prior to returning to South Africa she worked at 2 well-known clinics in Harley Street, London
OUR GREEN POINT PRACTICE
OUR SOMERSET WEST PRACTICE
021 433 0967
173 Main Road
(Corner of Main and Clyde Road)
Green Point, Cape Town
Location on Google Maps
021 433 0967
Corner of the R44 & De Beers Avenue
(Inside of the Paardevlei Complex)
Paardevlei Rising 1 (Building name)
*We are opposite the Cheetah Sanctuary
1st Floor, Unit 102, Paardevlei, Somerset West
Location on Google Maps