The Skin Recharge Launch
Receive our 3-in-1 combination treatment for only R850.
The Skin Recharge Medical Facial is treatment that aims to resurface the skin (via Diamond Tip Microdermabrasion), we then to treat the skin with a targeted superficial peel (for either pigmentation, blemishes, acne, rosacea or aging/dull skin), we then treat the skin with a targeted LED Light therapy treatment (for either pigmentation, blemishes, acne, rosacea or aging/dull skin).
We administer the following protocol for our Advanced Restore Treatment (face, neck and chest):
- Step 1: The treated area is cleansed
- Step 2: Followed by a Diamond Tip Microdermabrasion Treatment
- Step 3: Followed by a targeted peel
- Step 4: Followed by a targeted LED Light Therapy treatment
- Step 5: Followed by applying a Medical Grade Sunscreen
What is Diamond Tip Microdermabrasion?
- This procedure uses a special applicator with a suction cup with an abrasive surface (a diamond tip) to gently remove the outer layer of the dermis to exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin.
- An instant improvement in the texture and tone of your skin will be visible.
- The long terms effects include an increase in cell turnover, an increase in at-home product penetration, fewer fine lines and dark spots.
What is a Superficial Peel?
- A superficial peel is a peel with minimum to no downtime.
- Once we have removed the top layer of the skin (via microdermabrasion), we apply a targeted peel.
- There are several types of superficial peels.
- For example, A Glycolic Peel assist in the treating aging/dull skin;
- Salicylic Peel treats acne, pigmentation and blemishes.
- A Lactic Acid peel (also known as the milk peel) helps with Rosacea, dry skin and sensitive skin types.
- Each treatment is customized to select the most appropriate peel so that we can treat each patient’s specific concerns.
What is LED Light Therapy?
- LED Light Therapy works by using an array of bright light-emitting diodes that send low-level light energy into the deeper layers of the skin. These are not just “normal lights”, these are very specific clinically proven wavelengths of UV-free LED lights.
- It works by stimulating cellular activity, including the fibroblasts that produce collagen, to heal the skin.
- It also increases blood and oxygen flow to the skin and the capillaries, thus increasing cellular metabolism and strengthening the capillary walls.
- Perfect for post inflammatory treatments (like microneedling, microdermabrasion, dermaplaning or a chemical peel) as it also speeds up recovery.
- LED Light Therapy has proven results and settings to treat an array of conditions such as aging skin, acne, rosacea, blemishes and pigmentation. It’s also anti-aging helping in the prevention of aging skin.
- Again, this treatment is customized to assist our patients with their own unique skin conditions.
What’s the downtime?
There is no real downtime, patients can resume normal activities immediately post treatment. Redness may be experienced immediately post treatment, but will subside within an hour. We advise not to wear any makeup for at least 12 hours post treatment. Mild skin flaking (though unlikely) could be experienced for about 1-2 days post treatment.
- All of our Medical Aestheticians are highly qualified. They are specially trained to administer Microdermabrasion, superficial to medical grade chemical peels as well as LED Light Therapy.
- In addition to the above, our Medical Aestheticians have received specialised training by Dr Wade Merchant to ensure safe and effective treatments.
Dr Wade is a medical doctor with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine, he has been administering and injecting Botox and Dysport for over 5 years at his practices in Green Point & Somerset West. Dr Wade is also qualified with a 2-year Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr Melinda Dommisse is a qualified medical doctor who qualified from Stellenbosch University. She moved to London where she did her aesthetic training and worked as a GP with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-aging medicine. Prior to returning to South Africa she worked at 2 well-known clinics in Harley Street, London
OUR GREEN POINT PRACTICE
OUR SOMERSET WEST PRACTICE
021 433 0967
173 Main Road
(Corner of Main and Clyde Road)
Green Point, Cape Town
Location on Google Maps
021 433 0967
Corner of the R44 & De Beers Avenue
(Inside of the Paardevlei Complex)
Paardevlei Rising 1 (Building name)
*We are opposite the Cheetah Sanctuary
1st Floor, Unit 102, Paardevlei, Somerset West
Location on Google Maps