Filler treatments – Cape Town & Somerset West
Dermal Fillers are made out of hyaluronic acid, a natural occurring substance that is found in our skin. It’s a gel-like substance that is safely injected underneath the skin to enhance facial features and/or to restore loss of volume due to aging. These dermal filler treatments are available at our aesthetic practices in Green Point and Somerset West, Cape Town.
What do we use Fillers for?
- To restore volume loss due to aging, this is known as a preventative-, restorative- or an anti-aging treatment.
- These restorative treatments include cheek filler, under eye fillers (knowns as the tear through), naso-labial folds (these are the indentation lines on either side of the mouth that extend from the edge of the nose to the mouth’s outer corners) as well as marionette lines (these lines run vertically between the mouth and chin).
- To enhance facial features like the chin, cheeks or jawline.
- To plump up the skin due to aging, like wrinkles, folds and acne scarring.
Is it painful?
Most patients experience only mild discomfort. A local anaesthetic cream is applied prior to the procedure and the filler also contains an anaesthetic for a more comfortable experience. For more sensitive areas, like the lips or when doing fillers with a canulla, we completely numb the treated area with local anaesthetic for a completely comfortable experience.
Do I need a consultation?
If you are unsure whether you would like to have a filler procedure but simply want more info, it would be best to first book a consultation only. This will give us enough time to consult with you and answer any questions you may have.
If you are sure you would like to proceed with a filler treatment – then you can simply book your appointment as all of our filler treatments are an hour in duration. This is to ensure that we have enough time to consult and plan the treatment as well as enough time to perform the treatment.
If you are a new patient, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment so that you can fill-out the necessarydocumentation.
If you are an existing patient, please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment so that we can check whether your patient file is up-to-date.
What is the best treatment for wrinkles?
Many patients confuse dermal fillers with anti-wrinkle injections. Anti-wrinkle injections are by far the most effective treatment for wrinkles. If you are interested in either a Botox of Dysport treatment (i.e. anti-wrinkle injections), please visit the following link: Botox & Dysport Treatments Link.
Before and after
What is the cost of Fillers?
- Dermal Fillers are R3,900 per 1ml.
- At our practices, we do offer a tiered pricing structure for patients who do 4ml’s or more in one sitting. For this, an in-person consultation is required.
- For our price list and cost estimates, please visit the following page: Price List
For more information on filler treatments at our either our Green Point or Somerset West practices in Cape Town, please feel free to get in touch.
Dr Wade Merchant is a medical doctor with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine, he has been administering and injecting Botox and Dysport for over 5 years at his practices in Green Point & Somerset West. Dr Wade is also qualified with a 2-year Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr Melinda Dommisse is a qualified medical doctor who qualified from Stellenbosch University. She moved to London where she did her aesthetic training and worked as a GP with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-aging medicine. Prior to returning to South Africa she worked at 2 well-known clinics in Harley Street, London
OUR GREEN POINT PRACTICE
OUR SOMERSET WEST PRACTICE
021 433 0967
173 Main Road
(Corner of Main and Clyde Road)
Green Point, Cape Town
Location on Google Maps
021 433 0967
Corner of the R44 & De Beers Avenue
(Inside of the Paardevlei Complex)
Paardevlei Rising 1 (Building name)
*We are opposite the Cheetah Sanctuary
1st Floor, Unit 102, Paardevlei, Somerset West
Location on Google Maps