Dermapen Somerset West.
What can we treat with the Dermapen?
- Acne and Acne Scarring
- Pigmentation / Hyperpigmentation
- Oily Skin
- Dull or Aging Skin
- Lose Skin (Skin Tightening)
- Sun Damage
How does a Dermapen Treatment work?
Medical micro-needling (with the Dermapen) is a treatment where we pinprick the skin (face, neck, chest) over-and-over again until we have stimulated a controlled “injury” inside of the skin. Once the body thinks it has been “injured”, it starts sending nutrients to the skin in order to repair the skin.
There is a tiny bit if blood that will surface on the skin – this is good news. Your blood is filled with platelet-rich plasma that contains stem cells that will restore and rejuvenate your skin’s condition.
How can we treat so many different conditions?
While Dermapen on its own is a wonderful treatment, the secret is in the high quality serums that we apply. While we perform a micro-needling treatment, the body’s own natural PRP is rushing to the treated area, we then also apply a serum or a combination serums. Each serum is specially designed to treat a specific condition. For example, for an acne treatment we would apply a Retinol serum and for a pigmentation treatment we would apply brightening Serums, like Vitamin C and Tranexamic Acid.
While we needle these serums into your skin, the combination of your own PRP and the prescribed serum(s) will penetrate deeply into the dermis, giving your skin the ultimate treatment inside and out.
What is the process?
- The skin is cleansed and we apply a medical grade numbing cream for about 30 minutes.
- We then perform the Dermapen treatment for about 10-15 minutes.
- The treated area is cleaned and a medical-grade concealer (with healing properties) is applied. Now, no one would even know that you’ve had the treatment done.
What is the downtime?
A couple of hours post treatment your skin will appear red and you will almost look sunburned. For two days following the treatment, you might still experience a slight redness. Patients may apply make-up, concealer or tinted moisturizer.
Please take note:
- The numbing cream that we apply is a medical-grade numbing cream that can only be prescribed by a medical doctor. Should your skincare “clinic”, not have an overseeing doctor, chances are that you are not receiving the appropriate numbing cream, which can make this treatment uncomfortable. Luckily at Natural Aesthetics, we have our founder, the wonderful Dr Wade Merchant, on-board.
What does it cost?
Face – R1,250
Face, Neck – R1,450
Face, Neck, Chest -R1,750
Dr Wade is a medical doctor with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine, he has been administering and injecting Botox and Dysport for over 5 years at his practices in Green Point & Somerset West. Dr Wade is also qualified with a 2-year Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr Melinda Dommisse is a qualified medical doctor who qualified from Stellenbosch University. She moved to London where she did her aesthetic training and worked as a GP with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-aging medicine. Prior to returning to South Africa she worked at 2 well-known clinics in Harley Street, London
OUR GREEN POINT PRACTICE
OUR SOMERSET WEST PRACTICE
021 433 0967
173 Main Road
(Corner of Main and Clyde Road)
Green Point, Cape Town
Location on Google Maps
021 433 0967
Corner of the R44 & De Beers Avenue
(Inside of the Paardevlei Complex)
Paardevlei Rising 1 (Building name)
*We are opposite the Cheetah Sanctuary
1st Floor, Unit 102, Paardevlei, Somerset West
Location on Google Maps