Dermapen MD – Somerset West
We were the first clinic in South Africa to introduce the Dermapen MD 4. So what makes the Dermapen MD so much better than the Dermapen 3 or any other microneedling device?
- Dermapen MD has a 16 needle cartridge instead of just 12 needles, reaching an inflammatory response at a much quicker rate.
- The Dermapen MD generates 47.9% more micro-channels than Dermapen 3 and 104% more micro-channels than any counterfeit device.
- The Dermapen MD generates 1,920 puncture channels per second, which means we can almost double the amount of serums and actives that we needle into the skin per treatment, than before.
- The additional 620 micro-channels makes the treatment much quicker and more comfortable than before.
How is our bespoke Dermapen MD treatments performed?
- A medical grade numbing cream is applied for 20 – 30 minutes; the skin is properly numbed.
- This is followed by infusing a mesoestetic serum into the skin via the Dermapen MD device.
- At your consultation, one of our qualified and experienced Therapists will select the most appropriate serum(s) to target and treat your most pressing concern(s).
- We then cover the face, neck & chest with our LED device to further improve the treatment’s results and to speed up recovery.
- A medical grade concealer (Lycogel) and SPF (Heliocare) is then applied to further speed up recovery and cover any immediate post treatment redness.
How does medical microneedling work?
- We use the Dermapen MD to create safe pathways to deliver quality mesoestetic serums into the skin to target either preventative aging skin concerns, acne, scarring or pigmentation.
- We micro-injure the skin, known in medicine as a ”controlled injury”. The body then uses its own natural healing powers (PRP, stem cells and growth factors) to heal the treated area.
- New collagen and elastin are now being produced by the body; tightening the skin and healing scars, fine lines. Leaving our patients with a more youthful and rejuvenated skin.
- Because the Dermapen MD creates safe pathways for product delivery, we can also treat deeper layers of pigmentation, acne scarring, melasma and sun damaged skin by using the correct medical grade serum(s) to treat these conditions.
What is the Dermapen MD good for?
- Anti-aging: Boost collagen production and skin cell turnover.
- Skin conditions: Treat pigmentation, skin texture, oily skin, acne and sun-damaged skin.
- Scarring: Dermapen MD is the only microneedling device with a dedicated scar setting and protocols for revision of deep, atrophic scars; including surgical and post-acne scars. Needle penetration can now be increased up to 3.0mm.
Important to know:
- The numbing cream that we apply is a 30% Lidocaine medical-grade numbing cream and is only available at medical practices. Should your skincare “clinic”, not have an overseeing doctor, chances are that you are not receiving the appropriate numbing cream (only a 2% Lidocaine).
What’s the downtime?
You are sent home with 2 aftercare products (included in the price), a fast skin repair cream and a medical grade concealer (Lycogel). Redness can be experienced for about 2-3 days post treatment. However, any redness can easily be covered up with either makeup, a tinted sunscreen or with a concealer. As you can see in the pictures below:
What is LED Light Therapy?
- LED Light Therapy works by using an array of bright light-emitting diodes that send low-level light energy into the deeper layers of the skin. These are not just “normal lights”, these are very specific clinically proven wavelengths of UV-free LED lights.
- It works by stimulating cellular activity, including the fibroblasts that produce collagen, to heal the skin.
- It also increases blood and oxygen flow to the skin and the capillaries, thus increasing cellular metabolism and strengthening the capillary walls.
- LED Light Therapy has proven results and settings to treat an array of conditions such as aging skin, acne, rosacea and pigmentation. It’s also anti-aging, helping in the prevention of aging skin.
The Natural Aesthetics Team:
Our Aesthetic Therapists are specially trained to administer medical microneedling and LED Light Therapy, safely and correctly.
Before and afters:
What’s the cost?
- R1,600 (face)
- R1,800 (face & neck)
- R2,000 (face, neck & chest)
- For our up-to-date price list, visit our Price List Link
*All our Dermapen MD treatments are inclusive of LED light therapy, medical grade numbing, a mesoestetic serum and 2 aftercare products (all inclusive).
Dr Wade Merchant is a medical doctor with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine, he has been administering and injecting Botox and Dysport for over 5 years at his practices in Green Point & Somerset West. Dr Wade is also qualified with a 2-year Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr Melinda Dommisse is a qualified medical doctor who qualified from Stellenbosch University. She moved to London where she did her aesthetic training and worked as a GP with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-aging medicine. Prior to returning to South Africa she worked at 2 well-known clinics in Harley Street, London
OUR GREEN POINT PRACTICE
OUR SOMERSET WEST PRACTICE
021 433 0967
173 Main Road
(Corner of Main and Clyde Road)
Green Point, Cape Town
Location on Google Maps
021 433 0967
Corner of the R44 & De Beers Avenue
(Inside of the Paardevlei Complex)
Paardevlei Rising 1 (Building name)
*We are opposite the Cheetah Sanctuary
1st Floor, Unit 102, Paardevlei, Somerset West
Location on Google Maps