What are IPL skin treatments?
An IPL treatment is an anti-aging and skin rejuvenation treatments that correcs the signs of sun-damage, sun spots, visible veins, redness (rosacea) and fine lines.
We make use of an internationally acclaimed medical grade IPL device, the Venus Versa. This device is powered by Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) with SmartPulse™ technology. The targeted tissue absorbs the heat generated by these pulses which serves to correct the skin flaws being targeted.
The Venus Versa IPL devices are equipped with a built-in cooling crystal to make the entire treatment as comfortable as possible for the patient.
An IPL treatment at Natural Aesthetics is a non-surgical solution for skin rejuvenation and anti-aging that corrects signs of:
- Sun damage
- Sun spots
- Freckles (caused by sun-damage)
- Visible veins
- Dull & aging skin
- Age spots / liver spots
What’s the process?
A consultation is done 48 hours prior your treatment:
- This is to determine the correct settings for your specific concern(s).
- We also have to do a test shot to ensure that this treatment is safe for you.
- This is done by doing 3 test shots on your skin.
- The consultation is 30 minutes in duration and gives us the opportunity to thoroughly educate our patients on their upcoming IPL treatment as well as to answer any questions that they might have.
On the day of your treatment:
- The skin will be cleansed
- Conducting gel will be applied to the area being treated
- We will then administer the IPL treatment
- This will feel like little elastic bands being shot onto your skin, that said, all of our patients has described this treatment as tolerable and 99% of IPL patients usually return to complete their IPL treatment plan.
- After your IPL treatment, the gel will be removed
- A moisturizer and medical grade sunscreen will then be applied
Is IPL safe for all skin tones?
- Unfortunately not. IPL is only safe for skin types 1 -3 (which are typically people with lighter complexions).
- Patients with darker skin tones suffering from blemishes, pigmentation, sun-damage or melasma (hormonal pigmentation) can consider our Tran3x Microneedling treatments: Tran3x Microneedling Special – click here
What’s the downtime?
- There is no real downtime.
- Patients may resume most normal activities immediately post treatment.
- Redness (if any) will subside a few hours post treatment.
- Your skin will feel warm for a couple of hours post treatment.
In the next few days:
- Pigmented areas will appear darker than before (this is all very normal and what we want to achieve).
- Tiny “scabs” will appear and flake off. These tiny scabs are small and won’t be visible to other people.
- Any visible signs of an IPL treatment can easily covered up with either a tinted SPF, concealer or makeup.
What’s the aftercare like?
- Makeup may be applied immediately post treatment.
- SPF must be applied daily and reapplied regularly.
- Barrier repair cream to be applied for for 5 days post treatment (day and night).
- Active ingredients, such as retinol or acids, should be avoided for at least 1 week post treatment.
- Hot baths, saunas & pools should be avoided for 2 days post treatment.
- Tanning beds should always be avoided (but especially after an IPL treatment).
What’s the cost?
- The cost varies from the area being treated.
- Face: R1,750
- Face & Neck: R2,000
- Face, Neck & Chest: R2,500
- Chest: R1,750
IPL Special Packages:
- Face – R4,500 (for a prepaid package of 3 treatments)
- Face & Neck – R5,250 (for a prepaid package of 3 treatments)
- Face, Neck & Chest – R6,000 (for a prepaid package of 3 treatments)
- IPL face, neck & chest treatment for only R2,000 (all inclusive).
- Our Medical Aestheticians are qualified with 3-4 year diplomas or advanced diplomas in dermal aesthetics. They are also specially certified to administer IPL treatments with the Venus Viva device.
- In addition to the above, our Therpaists have received further training by Dr Wade Merchant to ensure safe and effective treatments.
To book any of our IPL treatments or specials, click on the “Book Now” button below to book your IPL Skin Rejuvenation treatment.
Dr Wade Merchant is a medical doctor with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine, he has been administering and injecting Botox and Dysport for over 5 years at his practices in Green Point & Somerset West. Dr Wade is also qualified with a 2-year Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr Melinda Dommisse is a qualified medical doctor who qualified from Stellenbosch University. She moved to London where she did her aesthetic training and worked as a GP with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-aging medicine. Prior to returning to South Africa she worked at 2 well-known clinics in Harley Street, London
OUR GREEN POINT PRACTICE
OUR SOMERSET WEST PRACTICE
021 433 0967
173 Main Road
(Corner of Main and Clyde Road)
Green Point, Cape Town
Location on Google Maps
021 433 0967
Corner of the R44 & De Beers Avenue
(Inside of the Paardevlei Complex)
Paardevlei Rising 1 (Building name)
*We are opposite the Cheetah Sanctuary
1st Floor, Unit 102, Paardevlei, Somerset West
Location on Google Maps