Plexr Plasma Treatments
Non-surgical blepharoplasty plasma treatments, by using the state of the art Plexr device, are available by Dr Melinda Dommisse in Green Point & Somerset West.
What do we use Plexr Plasma treatments for?
- One of the most popular uses for plasma is a non-surgical blepharoplasty.
- Skin tightening for mild to moderate signs of facial sagging.
- Development of fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the earlobes and eye area.
- For the removal of fibromas, xanthelasma & skin tags.
Is it painful?
Most patients experience minimal to no discomfort at all. A local anaesthetic numbing cream is applied prior to the procedure. We also numb the treated area with local anaesthetic for a completely comfortable experience.
Do I need a consultation?
Yes, you will be assessed by the doctor to see if this procedure will be advantageous for you, if there are any contraindications or any preparations to be taken prior to the procedure.
How long does this procedure take to perform?
Depending on the treatment being performed, anywhere from 30-90 minutes.
How many treatments do I need?
In order to achieve optimal results, 2-3 treatments are required.
Is this treatment suitable for all skin types?
Yes, this treatment is suitable for skin type 1-6. However, patients with darker skin tones (skin type 4-6) usually require a pigment blocker as well as a medical grade SPF to apply for 2 weeks prior to receiving a Plexr treatment. This is to avoid post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
What’s the downtime?
- Directly after the procedure you will feel swollen and there will be tiny 1mm dots on the treated area. The area will also be red.
- If only the upper eyelid bleph is done, the swelling looks like an allergic reaction to the upper eyelid. If both the upper and lower bleph is done then the swelling is much more.
- Most of the swelling subsides after the 2-3 day post procedure.
- During the first 5-7 days the small dots will turn into scabs and will start to flake off. In addition to this flaking, there will be a moist yellow-white residue attached to the skin. Do not wipe this off , it is the body trying to heal itself by creating a biological dressing or plaster.
- The yellow-white residue and the flakes usually resolve themselves after 1 week.
- The small dots where the scabs were will still be present for up to 4 weeks, they may be pink, red or brown in colour.
- You will also experience sensitivity to the treated area for up to 6 weeks. If you are gentle with the area then it should not be an issue.
- After the swelling has subsided, most of the downtime can be covered up with our Lycogel concealer.
We would strongly advise our patients to invest in a Lycogel concealer to apply for the 2-4 weeks post treatment. Lycogel consists of a blend of 12 active ingredients that oxygenate, moisturise and nourish the skin every time you wear it. Ingredients like Squalene encourage the oxygen uptake of the skin, which helps to heal surface wounds and remove bacteria which could potentially cause irritation or blemishes. The more oxygen the skin can come into contact with the fresher and brighter your complexion looks.
For more information about our pre and post care guidelines, please visit the following link; Plexr Plasma Pre & Post Care Link.
Before and after
What is the cost of our Plexr plasma treatments?
- Consultation – R650
- Blepharoplasty (upper & lower eye lift) – R5,000
- Fibromas, xanthelasma & skin tags removal – R1,500
- Smoker lines treatment – R2,000
- Plexr mini-facelift R7,000
- For our price list and cost estimates, please visit the following page: Price List
For more information on our Plexr plasma treatments at our either our Green Point or Somerset West practices, please feel free to get in touch.
Dr Wade Merchant is a medical doctor with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine, he has been administering and injecting Botox and Dysport for over 5 years at his practices in Green Point & Somerset West. Dr Wade is also qualified with a 2-year Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr Melinda Dommisse is a qualified medical doctor who qualified from Stellenbosch University. She moved to London where she did her aesthetic training and worked as a GP with a special interest in aesthetic and anti-aging medicine. Prior to returning to South Africa she worked at 2 well-known clinics in Harley Street, London
OUR GREEN POINT PRACTICE
OUR SOMERSET WEST PRACTICE
021 433 0967
173 Main Road
(Corner of Main and Clyde Road)
Green Point, Cape Town
Location on Google Maps
021 433 0967
Corner of the R44 & De Beers Avenue
(Inside of the Paardevlei Complex)
Paardevlei Rising 1 (Building name)
*We are opposite the Cheetah Sanctuary
1st Floor, Unit 102, Paardevlei, Somerset West
Location on Google Maps