Plexr is a revolutionary and patented innovation by Professor Giorgio Fippi from Italy. It entails a number of advanced treatments, including non-surgical Blepharoplasty using soft surgery with Plexr, which is an ideal treatment for hooded or droopy eyelids.
Who is this treatment good for?
- Loss of tissue volume
- Mild to moderate signs of facial sagging
- Development of fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin dehydration
Who is not a good candidate for this procedure.
- Anyone with an active systemic or skin disease including active acne
- Keloid predisposition
- Blood thinning medication
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Previously implanted permanent fillers
How long does this procedure take to perform?
Depending on the amount of threads from 60~90 minutes
Do I need to come in for a consultation prior to the procedure?
Yes, you will be assessed by the doctor to see if this procedure will be advantageous for you, if there are any contraindications or any preparations to be taken prior to the procedure.
Are there any post treatment recommendations?
Apply ice packs immediately after the procedure
- Take analgesics for 2~3 days in case of pain
- Refrain from applying make up for a minimum of 24hours
- Sleep face up, in an elevated position on pillows for about 3-5 nights
- Wash face gently without rubbing or massaging for 5-7 days
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements for 2 weeks
- Avoid face and neck massages for 1 month
- Avoid over exposure to direct sunlight for 2 weeks
- Avoid extreme sports and exercise for 2 weeks
- Do not use saunas for 3 weeks
- Avoid dental surgery for 3 weeks
2 weeks prior to treatment:
- Start using specific skin care treatment as directed by your doctor
1 week prior to treatment:
- Avoid over the counter blood thinning medication such as anti inflammatories (Ibuprofen, Mypaid), Aspirin, Vitamin E, Ginko Biloba, St John’s Wort and Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before or after treatment
- Inform the practice if you have a history of cold sores, history of any chronic medical conditions or on any chronic medication
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breast feeding
3 days before treatment:
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin, Retinol or Retinoids
- Avoid waxing, bleaching or plucking on the area to be treated
Day of treatment
- Arrive for your appointment without make up
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness
- Redness, swelling and crusting are normal and is transient
- Some bruising may occur
POST TRESTMENT GUIDELINES
- Redness, swelling and crusting are normal
- Avoid touching the treated area
- Avoid washing your face on the day immediately after the treatment
- Medical camouflage will be applied to the treated areas which should be left untouched until the following day.
- Ice packs can be applied to the treated areas for 15 min every hour
For the first 5-7 days after the treatment:
- Wash face with gentle cleanser without any active ingredients
- Whilst there is still crusting or scabs – apply medical camouflage and SPF
- Avoid picking of the scabs as these need to come off naturally
- Swelling is normal in the first week- Ice packs can be applied to the treated areas for 15 minutes every hour
- Do not apply any plaster or cover the area
- Do not apply any creams, antibiotic creams or cortisone creams over the treated areas
After 7 days:
- Once the scabs have come off, the skin will be slightly pinkish. Continue using your medical camouflage on these areas until all the redness has disappeared
- Zinc oxide cream can be used on the pink areas to promote healing
For 6 months after the treatment
- Use of SPF 50 sunscreen to prevent hyperpigmentation (darker skin)