In aesthetic practice threading is a suture that is placed under the skin to give the skin of the lower face a lift – a non-surgical face lift. The Aptos Thread Lift is the latest treatment in this type of technology.
Aptos Thread Lift is an FDA approved minimally invasive technique used to lift and tighten sagging tissue in the mid to lower face.
Who is this treatment good for?
- Loss of tissue volume
- Mild to moderate signs of facial sagging
- Development of fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin dehydration
Who is not a good candidate for this procedure.
- Anyone with an active systemic or skin disease including active acne
- Keloid predisposition
- Blood thinning medication
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Previously implanted permanent fillers
How long does this procedure take to perform?
Depending on the amount of threads from 60~90 minutes
Do I need to come in for a consultation prior to the procedure?
Yes, you will be assessed by the doctor to see if this procedure will be advantageous for you, if there are any contraindications or any preparations to be taken prior to the procedure.
Are there any post treatment recommendations?
- Apply ice packs immediately after the procedure
- Take analgesics for 2~3 days in case of pain
- Refrain from applying make up for a minimum of 24hours
- Sleep face up, in an elevated position on pillows for about 3-5 nights
- Wash face gently without rubbing or massaging for 5-7 days
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements for 2 weeks
- Avoid face and neck massages for 1 month
- Avoid over exposure to direct sunlight for 2 weeks
- Avoid extreme sports and exercise for 2 weeks
- Do not use saunas for 3 weeks
- Avoid dental surgery for 3weeks
7 days before treatment:
- Avoid over the counter blood thinning medication such as anti inflammatories (Ibuprofen, Mypaid), Aspirin, Vitamin E, Ginko Biloba, St John’s Wort and Omega Fatty Acids
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before or after treatment
- Inform the practice if you have a history of cold sores, history of any chronic medical conditions or on any chronic medication
- This treatment is contraindicated if you are pregnant or breast feeding
3 days before treatment:
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin, Retinol or Retinoids
- Avoid waxing, bleaching or plucking on the area to be treated
Day of treatment:
- Arrive for your appointment without make up
- You may experience a mild amount of discomfort
- Redness, swelling asymmetry are normal and will resolve very quickly
- Some bruising may occur
Immediately after procedure and for the first 7 days:
- Apply ice packs immediately after the procedure to reduce selling
- In the case of discomfort, analgesics such as Paracetamol can be taken for the first 3 days
- Refrain from applying make up for the first 24 hours
- Sleep face up in an elevated position on pillows for the first 3-5 nights
- Wash face gently without rubbing or massaging for the first 5-7 days
For 2 weeks after the procedure:
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements
- Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight
- Avoid strenuous exercise
For 1 month after the procedure:
- Avoid face and neck massages
- Avoid saunas
- Avoid dental procedures